Wednesday, September 22, 2010

08.07.10 – Twins 7 – Indians 2

Well the Cleveland Indians really don’t hold my interest anymore. In fact I have probably watched about five innings of Indians baseball all year. But when I found out that my favorite Indian of all time Kenny Lofton was getting inducted into the Indians Hall of Fame, I had to be there.

Kenny provided so many great memories for me:

-Getting home from second base to secure our first World Series appearance in over 40 years in 1995 against Randy Johnson and the Seattle Mariners.

-Scoring the winning run after trailing the Mariners by 12-0 and 14-2 in extra innings and being hoisted at home plate. Sadly I was at this game but left early. Watched it from home though.

-Robbing a home run in a game I went to at Yankee Stadium that doing his patented move of not letting on that he caught the ball for a good few seconds and putting his down before showing the ball. In this case it was while Bartolo Colon still had a no hitter going on at the time (that he eventually lost later).

-His third stint with the team and how loud the Kenny chants were his first at bat and how close they were to winning a World Series.

The Indians of course honored him by losing the game. Of course when over half the team is batting under .200, what can you expect? Man do I wish we had Kenny in center field again.

No comments: