Sunday, April 20, 2008

Rise Up




The Cavaliers opened up the 2008 playoffs against the Wizards at home yesterday, just like they did the two previous years. And just like before, they came out on top. But this time I was able to make the first game to come cheer the team on so lets get down to business.

I didn't find out I was going to the game until the day before when a co-worker offered me a free loge ticket (uhm ok). Took the rapids with Mr. and Mrs. ChiefWahoo and arrived during the lineups.

The Cavaliers started off with a quick burst to take an early lead, but Gilbert Arenas took care of that with a barrage of three pointers to give the Wizards a double digit lead. One of them before the end of the first quarter was a good five feet behind the three point line. The Cavaliers fought back and had three amazing plays that brought the crowd to their feets. Who did they involve? I wonder...

1. LeBrons AMAZING Dunk. When Gibson threw the ball up, I didn't see LBJ anywhere near the hoop. (Of note: This officialy passed the Ricky Davis dunk from years back when he jumped over Steve Nash on my all time "Live Dunk Viewing".)

2. With the crowd still in a frenzy from the last play, LBJ blocked a shot out of bounds. Also wanted to point out that LeBron has been bringing it on defense all season. Especially at the end of games...Ask Kobe! I am still not sure why nobody talks about this. He should make one of three defensive teams.

3. Just before half, Brenda Haywood put a hard pick on LBJ and seemed to stand over him. The King didn't like it and got up in his face. Everyone was at half court talking before you knew it and 20,000 fans were ready to step in and fight Brenda and his girlfriends. The crowd gave the Cavliers a standing O, when they headed to the tunnel for halftime. It was awesome!

Kind of got long winded there so I will speed things up with the second half. 82-82 with under two minutes left. LeBron makes, Gilbert misses, LeBron makes again, Gilbert misses and the Cavaliers close out on free throws.

93-86 (My predicition before game was 93-81....close)


Great start to the playoffs!


http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=280419005

1 comment:

chiefwahoo56 said...

I agree, that was definitely the best dunk I've ever seen live. We are a long way from Jeff Trepagnier throwing halfcourt lobs to Ricky Davis in front of 8,000 at Gund Arena.